Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

IPSY Review: April Bag Is The Best One So Far


Hi Everyone!

Okay, so this will be a review of the IPSY bag that I received for the month of April. I have been a subscriber since January 2012. I've only decided to write a review now because I am really impressed with this bag. I seldom get a bag where I enjoy all the products and this bag just hit the sweet spot for me, hahaha!

So April's bag came with a really simple white makeup bag with a hot pink trip and zipper on top. It came with 3 full size makeup goodies and well as a deluxe sample size for a hair care product for a total of 4 goodies!

For this month's bag, there were a total of 6 products. Each of the products has at least a different color to choose from. Depending on what IPSY chooses (I'm not sure how their system works), you get a "customized" bag that will supposedly complement  your style.


Product 1: TWO cosmetics duo eyeshadow in Heartache
When looking at the photos from the IPSY website, I was a little hesitant when I saw the color because it looked like a hot pink color. For me, I don't really wear hot pink because it makes me look really tired. However, when I got the product, I was amazed of how subtle the pink was. The color was a nice shimmer pink that would work great for highlighting the brows. The other color was a darker magenta color which you can use as an outer eyelid color or an all over shadow on your lids. The pigmentation was not as great as I hoped, but the colors alone made it a really nice color to have especially for spring and summer.


Product 2: Health Sexy Hair
This product is a hair treatment. It contains Argan Oil from Morocco which can help make your hair really soft and smooth as well as renewing your hair from heat damage and split ends. This product claims to add instant shine and protection, control frizz, boost moisture, increase elasticity, help smooth hair, and protect against environmental damage. You can apply this on damp hair and then blow dry to style or on dry hair to help tame fly aways. I really liked this product because I have seen a difference in shine and smoothness of my hair. Also, I've tried other products that are oil based and usually all of them would leave my hand feeling really oily. With this, I find it hard to get the product to stick on my hair dry or wet. However, this product is different because with just one swipe of my hand, there is no oiliness left on my hand. I can really tell that the product stuck to my hair letting me know that I'm not wasting half of the product on my hands. Another thing about this product that really caught my attention was that it claimed to quicken the time you blow dry your hair. Before I decided to cut my long hair, I tried this product on my hair for a couple of times to see if it works. I blow dry my hair after every shower and since I have long hair, I would take at least 20 minutes doing it. So, I had a timer take record the amount of time I took to blow dry my hair without the product and then with the product on my hair. Without the product, it took me 23:16 secs to finish blow drying completely. With the product, it took me 18:37 secs to finish drying completely. I would say it does have a significantly faster drying time, but only for about 5 mins. Either way, I was really impressed and now I use this product after every shower.

Product 3: Sation Nail Lacquer in Love At First Bite
This nail polish is really long lasting. The polish is a peachy nude color and really translucent. I applied a total of 3 coats to get enough color to show on my nail. It lasted me a good 4-5 days with no chipping which is amazing and I work in a lab setting and go to school in the day. For a polish to last that long is pretty impressive.




Product #4: Be A Bombshell blush in Sweet Cheeks
This product is my favorite of the 4 products. I LOVE this blush. It has great pigmentation and little goes a long way. It has shimmer in it which helps give you a shiny dewey look as well as giving you some highlights. The color looks really intimidating at first, but when you put it on it goes on very lightly and gives you a natural flush. I loved this color because it really suits my skin tone. I highly recommend anyone who is looking for a spring/summer blush to try this product out.

There you have it! I really enjoyed this month's bag and hope the next month's bag will be just as great. I'm planning to do a review of all the monthly bags I get from now on whether I like the product or not. This is to help those who are interested in subscribing to IPSY or wanting to see how well the product performs.

I'll see you on my next post!
xoxo Lyn




No comments:

Post a Comment