Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Review: Maybelline FIT me! Foundation and Powder

This review is for Maybelline New York's Fit Me Foundation and Pressed Powder. I'm a shade 235, but I would prefer to go a bit darker to a 310.

Overall, I think this foundation is great with coverage and that it does really well in making your face look naturally flawless.

However, I do not feel that it is the best for oily skin because:

1. It leaves a dewey finish which can leave an excess of oil after an hour of application leading to a lot of retouching and oil blotting.

2. Feels really heavy! This foundation is very thick which can lead to a very "caked" on look. So, if you do not like heavy make up, I do not recommend this product to you, I would recommend Urban Decay's Naked Skin Foundation.

3. NOT photo friendly. For me, one of the most important things about foundation choice is how well it  looks with flash photography. This foundation will give you a ghostly white finish on your face! If you do not mind the white glow, then this wouldn't bother you.

4. With the Pressed Powder, I feel as if it does nothing unless you really pack it on your face. I literally had to put so much of the pressed powder that it made my face look even more caked on. Then, I felt like it was useless after the foundation began to seep with oil.

To sum it up, I feel like this foundation would work better with dry to normal skin. This will not work with oily skin like mine. Personally, I'm having a hard time switching foundations from the Urban Decay Naked Skin (which is my all time favorite foundation). I am still in the search for the perfect drugstore foundation, and this is sadly not it.


No comments:

Post a Comment