Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Prom Look: Old Hollywood Beauty

To help all the young ladies with this year's prom, I have came up with a makeup look that would look great with any dress style and color. This prom look is inspired by the make up of the early hollywood movie stars that symbolizes glamour and sophistication. 

To create this look, I affordable drugstore makeup so that it will be wallet friendly for high school girls. I used L'Oreal Paris Studio Secret Professional Eyeshadow Quad in Canyon Stone, Maybelline New York's "The Falsies" Volum' Express Mascara, e.l.f Gel Liner in Black, and Revlon Lipstick in Blushing Nude or Maybelline Color Sensation Lipstick in Red Revival


1. First, I took a shadow brush and applied #2 on my brow bone and inner corners of my eyes
2. With the same shadow brush, I applied #1 all over my lids as a base.
3. Next, I took a pencil brush and applied #3 on the crease and blend it out with a blending brush.
4. With the same crease brush, I applied #4 on the outermost corners of my eyes (Be sure to apply it with a light hand, we are not trying to go for a smokey eye. Instead, we just want a bit of definition to give the eyes a natural defined look).
5. Blend out the colors with a blending brush to get rid of any harsh edges. 
6. With your black gel liner, apply a winged tip (Again, make it as natural as you can by keeping the lines thin, but enough to add a bit of drama).
7. Apply a generous coating of mascara.



A) B)

Since this look is very tamed and natural, you can play around with the lip color. For A) I wore a nude lip to have a more angelic and innocent look to focus more on the dress. For B) I wore a bold red lip to give the look a more "Sexy Hollywood Starlet" appeal. 


The red lip was my fave :)

I hope this look inspired many of you to channel your inner Hollywood Starlet. 
Stay tuned for more looks for Prom to come.
Good luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment