Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Review: Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation - Golden Tan

 Hi Everyone, this is a continuation of my search for the perfect drugstore foundation. The first two foundations I have tried went horrible, but I was not about to give up. I went to the drugstore and picked this foundation to try because it claims to have 3 benefits besides just cover up foundation. Also, what really caught my attention was that it claims to be SHINE FREE. As a girl with oily combination skin, I have an ongoing battle with trying to stay oil free throughout the day. Many foundations that are made for oily skin don't usually last as long and you may end up being oily after 6 hours. I wanted a foundation that can withstand my hectic schedule and love of being in an active lifestyle.


So, what were my thoughts? I have to be honest and say that I really like this foundation. It went on really smooth and it kept my face feeling smooth after hours of applying it. What I really like about this foundation is that it gives you an "airbrush" look to make your face seem super flawless! It also caught me off guard when it finished setting on my face because it had a powder finish allowing my oily skin to stay matte. There was a slight floral smell to the foundation that I find oddly soothing too. So far so good :D


I wanted to test this foundation's ability on staying on my face, so I went for a 3 hour skate at my city ice rink. Usually, I'd finish with a light sweat which will really try this foundation's "Stay Fabulous" ability. To my surprise, the foundation stayed on pretty well. It looked as though I'd just applied it. At this point, I'm very pleased with this foundation.

The Cons:
One problem that I had with this foundation is that it took me three bottles to find my matching color. Why? Because this foundation oxidizes! There are some ingredients in the foundation that create a chemical reaction with the molecules in the air. When this happens, the foundation will start to turn darker than what the color is in the bottle. There was nothing about this on the bottle so I had no clue.

With this, it is recommend to go at least a shade darker than your usual skin tone. But beware, I thought my color would be around the middle of the spectrum, but it was actually in the darker range. I followed recommendations of going a shade or two lighter, but I find the color too light even though it oxidized a shade darker. Therefore, I opted for a darker shade and have it oxidize to my color.

Other than that, I really love this foundation and I highly recommend it to those who have oily skin. Trust me, it will keep your skin looking matte for hours!



No comments:

Post a Comment