Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Get The Look: Amanda Seyfried 2013 Oscars



One of my favorite make up looks at this year's Oscars was worn by Amanda Seyfried. She had dramatic smokey purple on her lids paired with a soft pink lipstick.

I think she did a great job in using colors to show off her amazing jade green eyes. Also, she toned down her eye make up with a soft pink to make her look more angelic and innocent.



I have done a little research on the colors she wore on her eyes and found that the closest matching shades were from Dior's 5 Colour Eyeshadow in Stylish Move which retails for about $60 in the US. However, I have found an alternative for those who wish to use a more affordable palette. To recreate this look, I used Anastasia's Want You To Want Me palette which retails for $22. On a happier note, if you have a palette or eyeshadows that are similar to these colors feel free to use them!



1. First, with my Sigma E60 brush, I swept Platform Wedge (#1) on my brow and inner corners of my lids for highlight.
2. With the same brush, I applied Jellies (#2) all over my lids as a base.
3. With my Sigma  E55 brush, I took Ziggy (#3) and applied that on my outer corners and crease. Then, I took whatever's left on the brush and swept them on my lower lash line to balance out the eyes.
4. To blend out the colors, I used my Sigma E40.
5. Lastly, I took my Sigma E70 and applied Iron On (#3.5). I used the angled edge to create a V on my outer corners
6. Lastly, I blended out the colors to get rid of harsh edges with my Sigma E40. Apply your favorite mascara and you're done!!!



For the lips, Amanda had a soft peachy pink tint. I used e.l.f's Lipstick in Charming.


I hope you enjoy this tutorial, good luck!





No comments:

Post a Comment