Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Urban Decay's Pore Perfecting Complexion Primer Potion Review

Hi Everyone,
This review is for Urban Decay's Pore Perfecting Complexion Primer Potion.  This primer potion claims to minimize and smooth out the large pores on your face while leaving a soft, matte finish.

Urban decay has 2 types of complexion primers. The other potion is for Brightening and Tightening. I decided to get the Pore Perfecting potion because I felt that it would be of more use for me due to my pores and oily combination skin.

So how was this primer? I have tried many primers before using this one from Urban Decay. I have Mirabella that I got from Ipsy and Two Face's Primed & Poreless. These two prior primers worked very well for me in terms of long lasting and pore minimizing, so trying Urban Decay's gave a bit of pressure for me to like (especially because I loved Urban Decay products).

When I first tried it, I was stressing out because at first, I wasn't really happy. I felt that after applying my foundation over it, my foundation easily moved on my face. For example, I would wear my glasses during class and when I would remove it, there were streaks under my eyes and the bridge of my nose. It looked as if my glasses pushed the foundation off my face. I thought it was just my first time and I had to let myself learn how to use this, so I gave it another shot. BUT! it happened again the next day which didn't make me too happy.

As for the "pore perfecting", it did pretty well with minimizing my pores and smoothing out my face. I have a few dry spots from recovering acne and blemishes. When I apply this primer over them, it really smooths them out and make applying foundation easy. Also, it didn't leave flaky spots which saved my life! As for the smooth matte finish, it did really great! My skin is oily combination and it is really hard to keep my oily face in control. When I tried this primer, my face stayed oil free and matte for a very long time which is why I continued to use this primer.

Would you recommend this? Overall, I really like this primer aside from the fact that it "pushes my foundation to the side" haha. It really does a good job in minimizing pores and giving you an oil free look for a long period of time. If that is your biggest concern, then I would definitely recommend this product to you because it works wonders.

I have gotten the hang of using this product and the "pushing off my face" doesn't really happen anymore. I found that it is best to let it set on your face until it dries before you put your foundation on. This will allow a long lasting foundation that wont smudge off.

I hope you enjoyed this review and that it was helpful!
Check back for more reviews and makeup tutorials :)
-Lyn

No comments:

Post a Comment