Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

The Great Gatsby: Jordan Baker Tutorial





                                                   
Hi Everyone!
I've recently was blown away with the 2013 remake of one of my favorite literary pieces by F. Scott Fitzgerald. The Great Gatsby by Baz Luhrmann was visually entertaining as it was faithful to the book. I enjoyed it so much! And of course, being a girl, I was mesmerized by the 1920s fashion, jewelry, and makeup. Jordan baker was one of my favorite characters aside from Jay Gatsby himself. The whole movie I couldn't help but notice her makeup. Inspired, I tried to recreate her look as well as creating a 1920s makeup look that you can wear out for date night, a wedding, or to an extravagant party like Gatsby's. I hope you enjoy this tutorial as much as I enjoyed creating it!

-Lyn




                          Products Used:
- Mirabella Face and Eye Primer
- Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation in Golden Tan
NYX Nude Matte Eyeshadow in Dance the Tides
- BH Cosmetics in Deep Smokey Purple
The Balm's Meet Matt(e) Eyeshadow in Matt Batali
NYX Nude Matte Eyeshadow in Stripped
- Sonia Kashuk Full Volume False Eyelashes
- Physician's Formula Eyebooster Eyeliner
- Physician's Formula Bronze Booster in Medium
- Sephora's Blush in Healthy Rose No. 9
- Sephora Lipstick in Crush


Jordan Baker has nice big round eyes and this look definitely accentuates her eyes. Use NYX Nude Matte Eyeshadow in Dance the Tides to create a round crease on the eye lids. This will help you apply the darker purple color evenly on the eyes making sure not to go over the crease you created. With a big fluffy brush, blend out the edges to remove any harsh lines. Next to add a little dimension on the crease, apply The Balm's Meet Matt(e) Eyeshadow in Matt Batali where you applied the crease blending the color inward towards the eyes. For the smokey eye effect, with a tapered shadow blush, apply NYX Nude Matte Eyeshadow in Stripped on the outer corners and under the lower lash line. Finish the look with your favorite false eyelashes, eye liner, and volumizing mascara (both top and bottom). You can wear this look with a dramatic deep wine lipstick or a pink lip to cool it down. 


 This is definitely one of my favorite looks to date. I accessorized with the biggest and classiest costume jewelry I could find. It was so much fun and I hope you enjoy wearing it as much as I did :)


1 comment:

  1. I found your blog when I searched for Sephora's Crush lipstick! You look lovely with it on, and the rest of your makeup is gorgeous too! I'll have to try this look very soon ^_^

    ReplyDelete