Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Urban Decay's Moondust Eyeshadow REVIEW

Hi everyone!
This is a review on Urban Decay's Moondust Eyeshadow! I am so excited to get my hands on their new product because it looked so great on. I got the shade in Moonspoon, which is a nice metallic gray with silver glitter. When I tried it on, it reminded me of the night sky... literally! I loved how the silver glitter stood out from the gray shadow and it was just beautiful! It's a great color to wear for a night on the town or hanging out with your friends in the club scene.

There are 2 ways to apply this shadow.
1. Regularly with a brush or a finger straight from the pot
2. Apply wet! (dab your brush or finger into water and apply the shadow)

Applying regularly with a brush/finger will give you a soft and pretty sheer application on the lids. The color of the shadow won't show as much which allows the silver glitter to stick out. It is very soft, and very wearable even during the day! However, if you want a more intense shadow for your eyes, apply it with a little water. The gray will definitely darken and the silver glitter will increase as well. You can clearly see this on the photo. Where the shadow on the left is applied with water, and the shadow on the right is applied without.

I enjoy applying the shadow regularly in the daytime. After work, if I have something special planned, I'll touch up my shadow with a little water to intensify the color for a night time look!

The silver glitters stay on pretty long, but I suggest you apply a primer on your eyelids to keep the glitters from settling in your crease. Trust me, it will help keep the eyeshadow on and prevent creasing.

I would highly recommend this for those who love glitter that they bathe in glitter! I am interested in getting myself the Intergalactic (a deep purple) and Glitter Rock (a soft magenta).

I hope you enjoyed this review!
xoxo Lyn :)











No comments:

Post a Comment