Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm

This review is on Urban Decay's Naked Skin Beauty Balm. This product is recently new and retails for $34.

Urban Decay has come out with their own version of "BB Creams" called Urban Decay's Naked Skin Beauty Balm. It claims to have a multitasking formula with 5 purposes:






  1. Perfects to instantly even out skin tone and minimize pores, lines, wrinkles, and redness
  2. Protects with SPF 20 and contains an ingredient that helps inhibit DNA damage
  3. Treats to firm skin, improve elasticity and provide measurable anti-aging benefits
  4. Primes for long lasting performance under makeup application
  5. Hydrates instantly and improves hydration over time
According to Urban Decay, this beauty balm will make our skin look better instantly and provides serious results in 8 weeks. You can even wear it alone like a tinted moisturizer or under foundation as a primer. 

It's been a month since I've been trying this product and although I like it as a primer, I wouldn't wear it by itself. This is because I don't feel it has the ability to cover my dark spots and blemishes. The left picture is after one layer of application and the right picture is after two layers of application. As you can see, it did not cover my blemishes which Urban Decay claimed it would do instantly which really disappointed me. However, I did notice some redness going away after I let the BB cream set onto my face and warm up a bit. Also, I'm a little hesitant to say this because it may be too early, but I haven't really seen a dramatic improvement on my skin. I have noticed a few acne scars lighten up a bit, but it seemed to have stayed the same color afterwards. 

Unfortunately, I was a little disappointed with this BB cream. I love Urban Decay's products, but I feel like they could have produced a better BB creams than the ones I see in my drug stores, especially when it's priced at more than $30. Currently, my favorite BB cream in the market is L'Oreal Paris's Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream. I feel like this works better than Urban Decay's because I would gladly wear it on it's own without concealer because it covers up really well and also keeps my face hydrated. Also, I've noticed that this product is "Broad Spectrum" which means that there are only a few colors available... actually only ONE! I thought this was a bit odd because they came out with a beautiful line of Naked Skin Foundation in a large variety of colors to choose from, I would expect them to at least have 3 shades for their BB cream. 

On the bright side, it did hydrate and moisture my face really well, but I felt that it left me oily at the end of the day. It worked well as a primer because it kept my foundation on the whole day. Overall, I like this product, but I wouldn't purchase this for myself. I would stick to my L'Oreal BB cream.


Nothing on

(L) One layer of Beauty Balm (R) Two Layers of Beauty Balm




2 comments:

  1. Really its very interesting amazing reviews . I wear Maybelle Dream Liquid Foundation currently in the shade Classic Ivory. It is a tiny bit darker than my skin, but that is because if I went a shade up I look like an albino. I would guess I am either a 2 or 3, but I am really not sure. Any suggestions as to which shade I am? Thanks so much!
    obagi nu derm starter kit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allison,
      From the looks of the color of your foundation, I would say you're a 2. However, the best advice I can give you is to go to your Sephora, Urban Decay stand, or anywhere the Naked Skin Foundation is available to you and ask for samples of both 2 and 3. I know Sephora will be happy to do a color match on you and recommend you a color. What I did is that I took a sample of the color they matched on my face AND a sample of the color I thought I was. With the samples, I would try them out on natural lighting (because lighting at a department store is very different from natural lighting. It will interfere with the colors on your face). When I got color matched, the sales lady said I was a 7 when I thought I was a 5 or 6. I took samples for all three. It resulted in 7 being too dark and 5 being too light. 6 was perfect. Which ever skin tone works for you in natural light and that your comfortable wearing, you should keep.

      I would also like to point out that the colors will either end in .0 or .5 depending on your undertones. Those that end in .0 are yellow/warm and the ones that end in .5 are pinky/cool.

      I hope this helps. Good luck!
      -arlynangel

      Delete