Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

New Workout: Pilates


I have to say, when I heard about Pilates, I was skeptical on how the workout can help you loose weight and stay fit. But after doing some research to learn about the history of Pilates and the purpose of techniques, I wanted to give this workout a try. At SJSU, I enrolled in a Pilates course to fill up my break time in between classes.

*Another helpful tip: If you go to college and find yourself waiting about an hour before your next class, try filling up the time by enrolling in a physical education activity. Your school has the resources for you to stay fit...for FREE! At my university, sometimes all you need is a student ID card and you are able to go workout at the school gym. Take these resources to your advantage! If I knew about this sooner, I would've exercised a bit more and prevented all this weight gain. 

The Pilates workout system was invented by Joseph Pilates that became a very popular rehabilitation exercise for patients. He mostly focused on working the body's ability to become more flexible and resulting in leaner muscle and tone. Most Pilates workout sessions today focus on strengthening the core muscles as wells as toning the major leg muscles. The exercises help you build flexibility, lengthen and lean muscles, and build strength and stamina. With controlling your mind and body, you can improve your flexibility, enhance your core strength, and acquire agility.


* I would also like to say that this exercise does help you gain muscle and muscle burns fat! I have been doing Pilates since the end of August and I have noticed that my abdominal muscles as well as my thighs and glutes have toned! I can feel my abdominals when I flex them and are they amazing, lol! With the gain of these muscles, I have noticed my waist getting smaller, mostly because the muscles burn the fat.

So, if you have the time to add another exercise regime to your workout, I highly recommend you trying Pilates! It takes some time to get used to, but if you practice regularly, you can get the hang of Pilates in no time!


Stay Healthy, Stay Strong, Stay Beautiful!!!
-arlynangel

No comments:

Post a Comment