Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Valentine's Day Inspired Nails


 Hi Everyone, this is another nail creation great for Valentine's Day. It is super easy to do. All you need is a toothpick :)      
Products Used: 
    - Seche Vite Top and Bottom Coat
- China Glaze Nail Lacquer in Innocence, Seduce Me, and Sugar High
- Toothpick or Dotting Tool             


After applying the bottom coat, first apply Innocence. This polish is very translucent, so I recommend you use a more opaque light pink nail polish of your choice or apply 3 coats of Innocence as shown above.


With a toothpick or dotting tool (you can get these cheap on ebay or amazon, just search dotting tools. i've added a link below), first apply a generous dot for the first half of the heart. Then, with the toothpick, gently drag the bottom of the dot down to create the apex (oooh, medical terms! This just means the pointy part of the heart). 
Now, dip your toothpick again to your desired polish color and do the same for the other half of the heart. This will be hard at first, but you will get the hang of it after doing 3, trust me! Don't give up! Don't worry if the polish is uneven, you'll smooth it out with the top coat.

You can stop here, it still looks simple and pretty cute :) Make sure you space out your hearts. For me, I arranged them in a triangle formation.


Now, as I did on this picture, I added more hearts with another color. If you decide to add more, just add the colors the same way. Because you applied the first color in a triangle, you have enough space to add the second color of hearts. 

Don't forget to apply your Top Coat to smooth out the look.

I hope you enjoyed. I got so many compliments with my nails and I'm sure you will too!
Good Luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment